Why Is Stray Scratch Not Working?
There are many reasons why your stray scratch is not working. If you have gotten your stray scratch achievement and it’s not working on your PC. I advise you read on to find solutions to why stray scratch is not working and how you can resolve it.
1. Stray Scratch is Not Working Because of Corrupt game files
Your stray scratch may not work if the game file has been corrupted. The game files are installed when installing any game on your PC. The game files interoperate for your smooth playing of this game.
When these files in one way or another miss a line of operation during use. They can get corrupted and won‘t function as programmed by their programmer.
When this happens, your PC will fail to read the game files‘ data. So, if you’re experiencing glitching, hanging, and other kinds of disturbances while playing the game. Be rest assured that the game file has been affected.
To repair the ‘stray scratch is not working’ problem, visit the vendor website to redownload the game. This will install fresh game files into the system.
Fix – Verify The Integrity Of Game Files
- Follow the steps below to verify the game files‘ integrity.
- Double-tap on your steam to launch it.
- Navigate to the Library to see the game list. Click on Stray.
- There will be listed options, tap on properties.
- This page will load, tap on Local Files seen at the left. Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
Give it some time for the team to interact with the developers. This will verify the game‘s integrity if yours has been corrupted or not.
After the operation, you might receive an operation completed notification. The page might also shut down without notification. If any of the two occurs, launch your Stray Scratch Achievement to see if the problem is fixed or not.
This should fix all the game files. But those files which are not fixed are the system files and can’t be replaced. You will have no means to resolve this issue. While on PS4 and PS5, there’s no option to verify the game files‘ integrity.
To verify the game files on PS4 and PS5. You can only clear the cache with the following steps:
READ: Roblox Wild West Map
- Shut down your PS4 completely.
- Don’t use or enter Rest Mode.
- The ON indicator light should go out completely. Then unplug the console power cord.
- Give it 30 seconds to reset itself.
- Now plug in the console power cord to see if the game is fixed.
- For PS5:
Follow the steps of PS4. Do the number 1 to 3. Then, do the following:
- Allow the console to reset within one to two minutes.
- After that, reconnect the power cord and turn ON the console.
- See if the stray scratch achievement is now working.
2. Stray Scratch Is Not Working Use Mouse and Key Integration Bug
If you carried out the above steps and still, stray scratch is not working. The cause might be a bug between the game and your PC‘s mouse and keyboard integration. Due to this error, the game won’t communicate with your PC.
This will also restrain you from activating the achievement when you get to the place. You should use the PS4 or PS5 controller to activate the stray scratch achievement.
Fix – Use PS4 or PS5 controllers
You can use the PS4 or PS5 controller to troubleshoot mouse and keyboard integration bugs. We have detailed two steps below. Use any to troubleshoot the problem.
- Launch the Steam software on your PC.
- Check at the top right corner of your screen and tap on the Big Screen icon there. This will lead you into Big Screen mode.
- Now tap on settings at the top right corner to launch the settings menu.
- Tap on PlayStation configuration support to launch the item.
- Immediately you clicked here, insert your controller USB into the PC and see that the lights come up.
- Still, at the settings, look below to see the PS4 controllers.
- Switch to use your controllers on the PC.
- Connect your game controllers via Bluetooth with the below steps.
- Tap on the windows button to launch.
- Type in Bluetooth in the search bar and select Bluetooth and Other Devices Settings.
- The page will open, and enable your PC Bluetooth.
- The next step is to press and hold the PS and Share buttons simultaneously on the controller. Hold it for a few seconds and see its lights start flashing.
- Now go to your PC, at the Bluetooth page. Tap on Add Bluetooth or you can select Other Devices. From here, choose a Bluetooth device.
- On this page, you should see Wireless Controller. Click on it to connect.
- You might be requested to input a passcode, use 0000.
This should fix your game controller and your stray scratch is working should be fixed. If the steps above didn’t resolve it, then follow the below steps.
3. Stray Scratch Is Not Working Due To Out Of Date
Updating your game might have the stray scratch not working resolved. This is because there are bugs in the game and there’s a released patch for it. So, follow the steps below to update your stray scratch and see if the game is fixed.
Fix – Update Stray
To update Stray Scratch, you will follow the means you downloaded it. For instance, if you installed it from Windows Store. You will need to follow the below steps to update it.
- Press the windows button and select Store from the start view.
- Launch it and click on Library.
- Tap on Get Updates seen at the top right corner.
- If there’s any recent update for Stray, it will start downloading at once.
- If you installed stray through steam. Follow the steps below to update it.
- Launch the steam client on your PC.
- Locate and tap on the Library at the top right edge.
- Now open the Stray Library.
- Tap on Manage, and afterward, select properties.
- Tap on the Update Tab there.
- Tap to activate the Always Keep This Game Updated.
- I will suggest you tap on the “High priority- always auto-update this game before others” option.
Your game should be updated and your stray should work again.
4. Stray Scratch is Not Working Because of a Temporary glitch
The last attempt we have in our hand for stray scratch is not working is a temporary glitch with your PC or PlayStation.
A glitch in the system can damage some features of the game files. If glitching is the reason that Stray Scratch is not working. You can only resolve this by restarting it.
READ: Hit It Rich Free Coins
Fix – Restart the Device
- To restart PS4 and PS5
- With your controller, press and hold for some seconds the PS4 or PS5 button.
- There will be a menu asking to select Rest Mode, Turn off PS4 or PS5, and Restart PS4 or PS5.
- Choose to restart your console and confirm when the prompt appears.
5. Stray Scratch Is Not Working Restart PC To Fix
Restarting your PC to fix the stray scratch is not working. You need to make sure that all the system programs are shut down. To do this, shut down your PC and allow it to rest for two to 3 minutes.
Then turn it ON again, this will reset all the system programs to start afresh. You can also use the restart option to restart the PC and the programs will reset to normal.
We hope this guide should solve your stray scratch is not working problem.