Experience Hoenn all over again, or begin a new journey with this fresh take on an old favorite. Get to the Pokemon League by collecting and fighting to the top to face off against the Elite Four.
Turn-based battles allow players to strike, utilize items, swap Pokémon, or even try to escape (though evasion is impossible against other trainers).
With this walkthrough, you may hunt for legendary Pokemon, breed them, and become the finest Pokemon Master possible.
About The Game
Hoenn is a whole new territory introduced in POKÉMON RUBY and SAPPHIRE. You select whether you want to play as a male or female Pokémon Trainer at the game’s outset.
The plot remains the same regardless of your route: you want to become the best Pokémon Trainer in the world.
Tetris was one of the finest launch titles of all time, and it was included with the original Game Boy when it was released in 1989. Nearly a decade later, with the release of Pokémon Red and Blue, the portable would have a renaissance.
Designed specifically for the Game Boy, these games sold millions of copies worldwide. Despite Pokémon’s widespread appeal, some players have wished for a more technically advanced mechanism to play a Pokémon game.
The most anticipated games at the time of the 2001 announcement of the Game Boy Advance were the third generation of Pokémon games.
The latest Pokémon games, Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire were released outside of Japan in 2003. These games altered the formula significantly and established the baseline for Pokémon gameplay.
Pokémon: Gameplay for Ruby and Sapphire
Those familiar with prior Pokémon games will feel right at home with the core gameplay elements of Ruby and Sapphire. The player explores the environment from above in a third-person viewpoint, using three primary screens:
- The field map
- The combat screen for encounters with Pokémon
- The menu for managing the player’s team and items
Players begin with one Pokémon and get access to more Pokémon via Poké Balls earned via defeating wild Pokémon in combat.
When a Pokémon’s health hits zero during a fight, it faints and must be recovered to continue. Most Pokémon may gain levels and even evolve due to the experience points they get from defeating their opponent’s Pokémon.
The process of capturing Pokémon is central to the action. Using Poké Balls, players can try to catch wild Pokémon during bouts.
Several variables, including the target’s HP, status effects, and the Poké Ball used, contribute to the chance of success. A strategic aspect is added to the game since Pokémon owned by other trainers can’t be acquired.
READ ALSO: 10 Best GTA 5 RP Servers (2023)
Complete pokemon ruby walkthrough
1. Introduction (Chapter 1)
- The voyage begins in the Hoenn area, where you may pick one of three Starter Pokémon from Professor Birch: Treecko, Torchic, or Mudkip. Carefully select the Pokémon that will join you on your journey.
- You may find wild Pokémon and trainers to combat on Route 101, located north of Littleroot Town.
- Head to Route 102 to meet more Pokémon trainers and catch even more Pokémon.
- Petalburg Woods, a woodland teeming with Bug-type Pokémon and Team Aqua or Team Magma members, is the fourth location.
- Route 104: Leave Petalburg Woods to fight additional trainers and acquire new equipment.
- Arrive in Rustboro City and battle the first Gym Leader, Roxanne, at the Rustboro Gym. Be victorious over her Pokémon of the Rock type to acquire the Stone Badge.
2. Dewford Gym (Chapter 2)
- First, head south to Route 115, where wild Pokémon and their trainers await.
- Check out the Rusturf Tunnel, a cave that leads to Route 117 from Route 116.
- You’ll be taken to Dewford Town by boat and meet Mr Briney.
- You will visit Dewford Town, a tranquil island community. Prepare to take on the Dewford Gym by completing several chores and challenges beforehand.
3. Mauville Gym (Chapter 3)
- Discover rare artifacts and Pokémon in the depths of Granite Cave.
- Slateport City, a busy port town with a lively marketplace, is the second stop.
- Third, travel through Route 110, where you’ll encounter various Pokémon trainers and wild Pokémon.
- Mauville City is an exciting destination with multiple services and a Bike Shop.
- To win the Dynamo Badge, you must compete in a Gym battle against Wattson, the Mauville Gym’s leader, and his Electric-type Pokémon team.
4. Lavaridge Gym (Chapter 4)
- First, get back to Rusturf Tunnel and navigate through it to reach Fiery Path.
- Fiery Path is a volcanic path with extreme temperatures and a high concentration of wild Fire-type Pokémon.
- Route 113 is a rocky route populated by trainers and wild Pokémon; you must cross it to reach the next area.
- Route 114: After battling more trainers and checking out Meteor Falls, head back to Route 114.
- Meteor Falls, number five on the list, is a cave where you can meet a legendary Pokémon.
- Reach the summit of the active volcano, Mt. Chimney, with Team Magma or Team Aqua members.
- 7th stop: the tranquil hot spring village of Lavaridge. Finish up your assignments before taking on the Lavaridge Gym!
READ ALSO: 5 Best Crazy Games Unblocked (2023)
5. Petalburg’s Gym, (Chapter 5)
- Route 111: Take a trip across the desert-like Route 111, where you can encounter trainers and wild Pokémon.
- Petalburg Gym Challenge your father, Norman, the leader of the Petalburg Gym, upon your return to Petalburg City. You may win the Balance Badge by defeating his Normal-type Pokémon.
6. Fortree Gym, (Chapter 6)
- One, Online Errands To Acquire HM03 If you want to go to new locations, you’ll need to train one of your Pokémon to surf.
- To get to Route 118 from Route 115, you must return to Route 115 and surf over the sea.
- Third, head out on Route 118 and fight to Fortree City by defeating trainers along the way.
- Enter the magical metropolis of treehouses known as Fortress Metropolis. Before taking on the Fortree Gym, you must complete many chores and challenges.
7. Mossdeep Gym, (Chapter 7)
- Take a trip down Route 120, a popular path frequented by Pokémon trainers and wild Pokémon.
- Follow Route 121 to reach Lilycove City and take on even more trainers.
- Third, you’ll visit Lilycove City, a bustling metropolis home to a department store and several exciting tournaments.
- Mount Pyre: Visit this mountain to learn more about the final resting place of Pokémon.
- Team Magma/Aqua Hideouts: Depending on your version, look into the headquarters of Team Magma or Aqua.
- The sixth step is getting to Mossdeep City, which has a Space Center. It’s best to do your chores before taking on the Mossdeep Gym.
READ ALSO: 12 Best Games Like AFK Arena
8. The Sootopian Gym: (Chapter 8)
- Go to Route 127, a path bordered by water and filled with trainers.
- You can find legendary Pokémon at the Seafloor Cavern, so be sure to check it out.
- Follow Route 126 to go to the Cave of Origin.
- Fourth, visit Sootopolis City and head to the Cave of Origin before heading to the Sootopolis Gym. The next step is to acquire the Rain Badge by defeating the Sootopolis Gym’s Water-type Pokémon in a battle.
9. The Pokemon League (Chapter 9)
The Pokemon League is where the Elite Four and the Champion are waiting for you.
10. Post Game: (Chapter 10)
- You must solve riddles to get access to the lairs of the Regi Trio and eventually capture them.
- Take on the tough trainers in the Battle Tower to rack up some Battle Points.
- The Trick House is a place full of riddles and goodies.
- In Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, you go on a thrilling adventure to acquire legendary Pokémon and become the Hoenn area champion.
READ ALSO: The Best Crypto Games to Earn Money
Regardless of the outcome, players should remember that the game is ultimately about strategy and the rewards they earn along the route.
With this walkthrough, you are sure to have a smooth sail through. Pokemon ruby is a great game. Everyone can have fun with this game.
Douglas Jay has worked as a freelance editor on many recreational blogs in sports and gaming around the world and this is just one of many. Keep yourself informed with his posts.