I guess you are on this page because you are seeing Error Code 23 when you try to launch the Lost Ark game on PC. If this is the case, don’t feel sad if you just started experiencing this error. You are not alone and that’s why we are here to help anyone having the same issue resolve it.
In this article, we will guide you through how to resolve this without losing your game data. The error code 23 means a Launch failure of the game.
Couldn’t Start The Game
Error Code: 23 (Game client encountered an application error. (Error Code: 23))
This error always comes up when the game encounters a problem with the Easy Anti Cheat engine. There are other causes of this. But, no matter what the issue is, we are here to resolve it.
READ: Infinity Yield Script
What causes the error code 23 on Lost Ark?
- The error code can be triggered when your game file is corrupted.
- When your Easy Anti-Cheat engine is corrupted. It will trigger this error.
- Also, if your PC Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package is corrupted. The error code 23 will come up.
- Temporary and prefetch files of the game can also cause this.
- When your graphics card is outdated, you will experience this error.
- Finally, when your installation file of Lost Ark is corrupted. It will trigger this error.
So, we will be looking at the various ways to fix error code 23 below.
How do I fix the Easy Anti-Cheat error?
You should try reinstalling or repairing the Easy Anti-Cheat engine. You can also reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package, update your graphics driver, etc.
How do I repair a Lost Ark file?
There are dedicated features available on steam you can use to repair your game.
- Launch your Steam app, go to LIBRARY, to Lost Ark.
- Right-click on the game to select Properties.
- Go to local files and click on Verify Integrity of the game files.
This will repair your game files.
Other Fixes to The Error Code 23
Here is an array of ways to fix error code 23. Let’s get into detail in all.
- Reboot your PC.
- Repair Easy Anti-Cheat.
- Update graphics drivers.
- Repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.
- Delete temporary files and prefetch files.
- Verify and repair game files.
- Reinstall the Lost Ark game.
1. Reboot your PC
The first time you encountered this error\. Your first fixing step is to reboot your PC. By rebooting your PC, it will try to fix all your files how it was for the smooth operation of the PC. So, to do this.
- Close the game.
- Close every open application in the game.
- Tap on the windows symbol to launch the start menu and restart your PC.
This will help resolve it. If this didn’t fix your game, go to the next step.
2. Repair Easy Anti-Cheat
If you think or notice that your Easy Anti-Cheat (EAC) engine is corrupted. You should do well to repair it. Follow the steps below to repair the Easy Anti Cheat engine.
- Launch your Steam and navigate to LIBRARY.
- Right-click on the Lost Ark game and tap on Manage.
- Choose the “Browse local files” option. This will open the game installation directory.
- Now open the EasyAntiCheat folder.
- Right-click on the EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe file.
- From the option, click on Run as Administrator.
- Once launched, chose the Lost Ark game on the setup screen. Click on the Repair Service option to try fixing the EAC.
- Once the process is over, restart your PC.
- Now relaunch your Steam and launch the Lost Ark.
The error code 23 should disappear. But if the error persists, try the next step below.
3. Update graphics drivers
Another valid option to try is updating your graphics card. This can fix the error code 23. You can run automatic graphics driver update if you have enough data subscription. Or you can also run it manually to the important graphics cards you want to update.
You can update your graphics drivers by going to your Device Manager app. You can also go to the website of your PC graphic driver’s producer to update them automatically. You can also install a third-party graphics driver updater to update them.
READ: Shindo Life Codes
After you have updated these drivers. Reboot your PC and launch the game to see if the error is cleared. If it’s not cleared, go over to the next step.
4. Repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
A corrupted Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable can also trigger this error code 23. So, if this is the case, then your can fix or reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable again. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Launch your PC Settings APP with Windows + I hotkey.
- Click on Apps, and go to Apps & Features.
- Check the lists of the installed Apps and locate the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package.
- Click on the three-dot horizontal along there to see the options available.
- Now click on Modify and select the Repair option.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to repair it.
You should now reboot your PC and relaunch the game. Check if the error is cleared. If not, let‘s dig deeper.
5. Delete temporary files and prefetch files
When apps have a lot of junk files, or your system has a lot of junk files. This will affect the performance of your PC and software there. So, we will clear the temporary PC files which could be from your windows update. And further look into clearing the Prefetch Folder that stores cached data of system software.
To do this, follow the steps below:
- You should start by running a Dialog by pressing the Windows + R hotkey.
- Type in the key, %temp% in the space there and hit Enter.
- This will lead you to the system’s temporary directory file.
- Once here, press Ctrl + A to mark all the folders. And use the Delete button to delete them all.
- Now, relaunch the Windows + R dialog box.
- Type in ‘prefetch’ to launch the Prefetch folder.
- Follow step (3) above to clear the prefetch files.
- Then reboot your PC and relaunch the game.
This should fix your game now. If this persists, don’t lose hope. There is another trial below.
6. Verify and repair game files
- Launch your Steam and tap on the LIBRARY menu.
- Navigate to the Lost Ark game. Right–click on the game name.
- From the options available, select Properties.
- Now go to the Local Files tab and select Verify integrity of game files option.
- This will launch the game files’ verification process.
- Once the process is over. Reboot your PC and relaunch the game. This should fix the error now.
If the error code 23 is still there. That means you can’t fix it. The final option is to reinstall the game.
7. Reinstall the Lost Ark game
So, you have tried all steps and it failed. Do well to reinstall the game to fix the error.
One of the aforementioned methods of fixing error 23 in Lost Ark should provide you with a solution. We have taken the time to provide you with the necessary steps that you should follow. Do well to adhere to them and get your Lost Atk game up and running for more fun and adventure.
Ken Anucha studied Information Technology at Sikkim Manipal University. He is a gaming and sports enthusiast whose aim is to keep folks in these spheres thoroughly informed and up-to-date.