Knowing how to uninstall Valorant is helpful whether you’re just sick of playing the game or need to free up some space on your PC. Therefore, whatever the cause, follow our simple instructions if you want to uninstall Valorant from your computer.
A challenging game to master is called Valorant. You must hone your abilities in custom matches, play Deathmatch, and use the range to succeed in this game because the meta is continuously changing.
Additionally, there are a lot of individuals in the game who might destroy your gaming experience. If you end up with poor teammates, your chances of succeeding are slim.
The game’s large disk space requirements (16–20 GB) can also slow down your computer or result in overheating problems. It follows that your desire to remove it from your PC is understandable.
Uninstalling is an excellent alternative whether the game is not for you or if you need to free up more space. Many users claim that Valorant won’t remove it, though. This step-by-step instruction will show you how to remove Valorant from your PC if you are a victim of the same.
Why Won’t Valorant Uninstall Normally?
Riot Vanguard, the game’s anti-cheat program, is the primary cause of Valorant’s inability to be uninstalled. Without first leaving or removing the anti-cheat software from your PC, you cannot uninstall Valorant.
Many players become irritated when this issue arises because they are unaware of it. Fortunately, we have provided instructions on how to remove the game below.
How To Uninstall Valorant
It requires a few extra steps to uninstall Valorant. You may quickly and easily uninstall Valorant by adhering to the steps mentioned below, so make sure to do so.
- In Windows, click the bottom right corner to reveal your System Tray.
- Exit Vanguard by selecting it from the context menu by right-clicking it.
- Enter “Control Panel” into the Windows search box.
- At the bottom of the list, under the “Programs” tab, select “Uninstall a program.”
- Navigate to the list of programs and look for Valorant.
- To remove the game from your PC, click “Uninstall.”
Uninstalling Valorant from your computer will succeed if you follow the steps above. Additionally, it would help if you observed that Riot’s Vanguard anti-cheat will no longer be displayed when your system starts up.
How To Remove Valorant Using CMD
It is also possible to entirely uninstall Valorant using Command Prompt (CMD), a quick and easy alternative to Control Panel. See the Windows 11/10 instructions for this task.
- Step 1: Type cmd into the search box, then select Run as Administrator from the context menu of the Command Prompt.
- Step 2: Enter the command sc delete vgc into the CMD window.
- Step 3: Enter the command sc delete vgk.
- Restart your computer.
- Step 5: Locate the Riot Vanguard folder in C: Program Files and delete it.
In addition to these two methods, you can also choose to completely uninstall Valorant using a professional program uninstaller, such as IObit Uninstaller, Revo Uninstaller, Geek Uninstaller, etc. Just ask one to complete this task.
On Windows 11/10, you should reinstall Valorant occasionally. Go to the official website to obtain the most recent version of Valorant and install it on your computer.
Reinstalling Valorant: Steps
Follow the steps below if you want to reinstall Valorant on your computer:
- Visit the Valorant website’s main page.
- Select “Play Free” from the menu.
- Sign in to your Riot account if you already have one, or make a new one.
- To download Valorant, log in with your details and click the ‘Download’ option.
And with that, you now know everything there is to know about uninstalling Valorant and reinstalling the game. We hope this guide helps you to uninstall Valorant successfully.
Pataka is a game lover and freelance gaming article editor who loves to keep gaming folks informed on the latest trends in the gaming universe. Keep up with him.