This post provides an easy step-by-step guide on how you can delete an Xbox account permanently. Deleting an Xbox account is like hitting the reset button on your gaming life.
You wipe out your gaming profile, achievements, and connections on the Xbox platform. One of the common reasons to delete your Xbox account is when you decide to switch to a different gaming console.
If you’re moving to a PlayStation or a different platform, you might want to bid farewell to Xbox. Privacy concerns can also be a motivating factor.
If you’ve had enough of online interactions or feel that your personal information is at risk, deleting your Xbox account can provide a sense of security.
Another reason could be starting fresh. Maybe you want to clear your gaming slate and begin your Xbox experience again with a clean, new profile.
In some cases, people might have an old, unused Xbox account that they want to get rid of to free up their username or simply declutter their online presence.
From a privacy and security standpoint, it ensures that your personal information is no longer linked to the Xbox platform, reducing the risk of data breaches and safeguarding your privacy.
If you’ve come up with a unique username you’d like to use on another platform, deleting your Xbox account can free up that name for future use.
How To Delete An Xbox Account On The App Permanently?
Here are the steps to delete your Xbox account on the app permanently:
Step 1: Sign In
- Firstly, you’ll need to log in.
- Click Microsoft account, and sign in using the Microsoft account that your Xbox account is connected with.
- You’ll need your account password handy for this step, so make sure you have it ready.
Step 2: Access Your Account Settings
- Once you’re signed in, look for the Security tab in the toolbar at the top of the webpage.
- Click on it to access your account’s security settings.
Step 3: Explore More Security Options
- Now, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on More security options.
- Microsoft may ask you for your account password again.
- If they do, simply provide it. They might also send you a security code to your phone or email; if that happens, provide the code on the webpage.
Step 4: Delve Into More Security Settings
- Click on More Security Settings to access additional options related to your account.
Step 5: Initiate The Closing Down Process
- Scroll down to the very bottom of the page and find the Close My Account option.
- Click on it.
READ ALSO: How To Block or Unblock Players on Xbox One?
Step 6: Follow Microsoft’s Recommendations
- Before proceeding, Microsoft will provide you with some recommendations.
- Take a moment to review them and ensure you’re comfortable with your decision to close your account.
- Once you’re ready, click Next.
Step 7: Confirm Account Close Down
- On the next page, you’ll see a series of checkboxes.
- Read and understand each one of them, and then check the boxes.
- This step confirms that you’re aware of the consequences of closing your account.
Step 8: Mark Your Account For Close Down
- Finally, click on Mark account for close down at the bottom of the page.
- By doing this, you acknowledge that, in 60 days, you will permanently lose access to all Microsoft websites, services, content, and data through this specific Microsoft account.
- Your Xbox account will be marked for closedown.
READ ALSO: Top 5 Best Boxing Games For Xbox One And 360
How To Delete An Xbox Account Without Deleting A Microsoft Account?
Unfortunately, It’s not possible, your Xbox account is closely tied to your Microsoft account. They’re like peanut butter and jelly, you can’t easily have one without the other.
Your Xbox achievements, friends, and gaming history are all part of your Xbox account, and this account lives under the umbrella of your Microsoft account.
However, if you want a clean slate for your Xbox gaming but don’t want to part with your Microsoft services like email and Office apps, the solution is to create a new Microsoft account.
Once you have a new Microsoft account, you can register it with Xbox and start over fresh. And, creating a new Microsoft account is relatively simple.
Visit the Microsoft account creation page, follow the steps to create a new account, and make sure to use this account when you sign in to Xbox.
So, buddies, your Xbox account and your Microsoft account are inseparable, and to start fresh on Xbox, you’ll need to create a new Microsoft account.
Pataka is a game lover and freelance gaming article editor who loves to keep gaming folks informed on the latest trends in the gaming universe. Keep up with him.